- 1 Official Information
- 2 Free coupon of Vultr which is available for the first registration
- 3 Features of Vultr VPS
- 4 Functions list of Vultr
- 5 Vultr’s plan and price
- 6 Cost performance of Vultr VPS
- 7 Benchmark result of Vultr VPS (Unixbench)
Free coupon of Vultr which is available for the first registration
By registering from this link, you can get free coupon.
Usually it is $50 but currently the amount is double as limited time campaign.
If you want to try, it is better for you to try now.
Features of Vultr VPS
Vultr is one of the big VPS which is satisfying cloud hosting’s principals.
- Elasticity: You can dispose the server after creation of the server any time without losing money in vain
- Redundancy: You can keep serving the service even if 1 of the server goes down(LAN&LB are necessary)
- Extendable: You can scale up the server with data
I can say vultr is well balanced VPS.
– Admin page for users is easy to use
– You will be charged based on used hours
– CPU performance is relatively good considering the cost
– Network is fast
– SLA(Service Level Agreement) is 100% though it doesn’t mean the service will not go down
Functions list of Vultr
Vultr’s plan and price
$2.5 plan is available only in Atlanta DC, IP 4 is not available (IP 6 is available) and only 2 instances are allowed to create per account, so actually it is hard to use for practical usage.
High Frequency Compute Plan
CPU’s performance is better and more stable than Standard plan.
SSD is using NVMe interface, so IO is very good.
You can own physical server by yourself including disk part.
And virtualization is not used, so it is almost same with dedicated physical server without initial cost, which is quite attractive.
Cost performance of memory is best in Vultr’s plan.
Due to its popularity, servers are sold out often.
Dedicated Instance plan
Like baremetal server, you can own physical server but virtualization technology is used, so there is some overhead compared to baremetal plan.
Cost performance of Vultr VPS
Tax will be charged based on your location.
In terms of the cost performance of CPU, High Frequency Compute’s 1CPU/1GB RAM plan is best.
So if you construct your system using the plan, you can construct most cost effective system.